Our Education department is nationally recognised. The Legal 500 2012 edition highlighted the firm as one of the leading schools specialists in the country.
MAINTAINED SCHOOLS AND ACADEMIES
We provide the full range of legal services to maintained schools and Academies including:
- Academy conversions
- Employment contracts, policies and procedures
- Support for all employment issues including disciplinary, grievances, discrimination and redundancies
- Constitutional changes
- Governor training
- Commercial contracts and partnership and collaboration agreements.
- Funding Agreements
- Property, Construction and Development Agreements
- Advice on Education legislation
- Free schools
- Judicial review
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Pupil discipline including exclusions
- Advice on reverters under the School Sites Act and s554 orders
- Advice on the maintained school law as it differs between England and Wales
- "Transfer of Control Agreements" for Children's Centres over community use of school property
We also have particular expertise advising, Diocesan Boards of Education, schools, sponsors and trust partners on school reorganisations including:
- The conversion of community and Voluntary schools to Trust schools.
- The conversion of community schools to Church Voluntary Aided or Voluntary Controlled schools.
- Incorporating Diocesan Boards of Education
- Federations and amalgamations
LBMW advise the Church of England nationally on education legislation and have recently settled with the Department for Education ("DfE") a suite of model documents that provide the means by which Church of England schools wishing to convert to Academy status may do so with the support of the Diocese and their trustees. Click here for link to Model Documents.