Our specialist and highly skilled property dispute resolution team understands how to steer through the complexities of the law to very quickly identify practical, cost effective options for our clients, knowing that sometimes hours count.
These may not involve proceedings, but most probably dispute avoidance or speedy resolution of the problem by negotiation or other kinds of dispute resolution. Our advice is often not to get involved in lengthy and costly litigation but to consider other means of resolving the dispute.
Our work in this area encompasses planning and strategy to avoid problems arising, and finding solutions once they have arisen, as much as the resolution of disputes through mediation, arbitration, and litigation, the latter of which should be a tool of last resort. We work closely with the Property Department at all stages of a deal and give advice, when sought.
We advise on a wide array of property related disputes and provide a complete service, which includes:
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant matters, including lease renewals
- Rent reviews
- Dilapidations and repairs
- "Real" property matters e.g., ownership of land, boundary disputes, easements, rights of light, restrictive covenants
- Disputes rising out of contracts of the sale and purchase of land of all types
- Professional negligence relating to property (surveyors, architects, solicitors, accountants)
- Insolvency and its effect on property
- Realisation of security – charges and mortgages
- Debt recovery
- Dispute avoidance
- Breach of covenant claims
- Leasehold structure
- Building disputes
- Landlord and tenant matters